The Little House

The Little House

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Little Turtle - My entry for the Cloth Baby and Child Doll Challenge 2014

I am a year behind with my cloth doll blog. So there will be several posts today...

This is my doll for the 2014 Cloth Baby & Child Doll Challenges!

I made her for the Child category.


This is Little Turtle.

She is a Pacific Northwest Native American doll.

Little Turtle is practicing the girls' shawl dance for the next local pow wow.

She loves to dance and is happy she has her own wool shawl like her mother's for the dance.

Little Turtle is made of suede cloth from Judi Ward's Bluette Manikin pattern. Her hair is a re-purposed Halloween wig. Her jeans are made of an old pair of mine, her tee shirt is cut from a larger white tee. She also has new wool dance slippers and a new wool shawl with salmon and sun appliques.



Little Turtle is based on the wonderful little girls I've seen dance with their mothers and the older girls in LaPush WA. at the Quilleute community hall.

No comments:

Post a Comment