Friday, September 28, 2012
This was a hard project with several setbacks. We've been out of town so I only had a few weeks to finish. The first doll I made was too large to ride the dragon. So I made a smaller doll which was harder to style. At first I made the dragon with a green lamé stomach/contrast but even with a medium iron-on interfacing the lamé came apart at some of the seams when I stuffed it. So I took the dragon apart and remade it with a knit contrast fabric. If I use lamé again I will use one-inch seams instead of 1/4 inch.
The doll and her dragon turned out well. I really enjoyed making the dragon. I think I will make a few more since I bought fabric for dragons last year and never did that project. (And, yes, that is a run in the fabric under his ear.)
Here are my granddaughters, Emily and Josie, holding the dolls so you can see the size of the dolls...