The Little House

The Little House

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Evergreen State Fair

Evergreen State Fair in Monroe WA
I'm late posting this but our dolls did well at the fair this year. Both Josie and Chiana got blue ribbons and Josie also got a "Best of Class" ribbon.
Josie's Katniss doll and Chiana's Kaitlyn doll

My Oz doll, the Soldier with Green Whiskers also won a blue ribbon and best of class and my Dewinna doll which I entered in the Fair Theme contest won first prize!

My Oz doll and Dewinna doll

Our family really gets involved at the fair. Our granddaughters, Alex and Emily showed dairy calves with the high school FFA. They both earned blue ribbons and after a week at the fair from 6:30 AM to 10 PM they were happy it was over.

Alex and her cow
Emily and her cow

Their dad even got involved showing a cow for the kids to get judged on judging.

Travis and cow

My husband and I entered in photography and so did our granddaughter, Tiara.


Mike's Photos
My photos


Tiara's photos

and we also entered scarecrows.


My scarecrow
Mike's scarecrow
I did well in the food preservation and baking divisions and also got a couple of awards that include my name being added to trophies that stay at the fair.
Pearl Hall award for most blue ribbons in
baking and canning
Meryl DuPuis Award for most blue ribbons
in jams, jellie

I did okay but since I entered 70 things in food preservation I'm bound to do okay on some...

Food preservation awards


1 comment: