The Little House

The Little House

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

The Travelers

I made dolls for the Doll Street Dreamers online doll group's display at Artistic Figures In Cloth & Clay (AFICC). This art doll convention is held every two years in Ohio.
The Doll Street Dreamers display them is "Traveling Dolls" with a 2" to 1' scale. It could be travelers at any time in any era.
I've collected nativity sets for years and always wanted to make my own so I finally did!


 "The Travelers"
This is my depiction of how I imagine the journey of Mary and Joseph to Bethlehem may have been. I think they needed to take some supplies and hopefully they did since it was several years before they returned to Nazareth.

Views from all sides...





Here are some close up shots:

Mary's face was difficult. I made several heads. I like this one best
of the ones I made but it's still not what I imagined...
I like Joseph's face. We don't know the fashion back then but I like this.




I made this little donkey first
but he was too small to carry Mary..

This is the larger donkey.
She was more difficult for some reason.
I wish I'd gotten a good shot of her face.
I adapted Arlene Original Designs "Ruby" pattern for Mary. I adapted the 2 3/4" donkey pattern "Thistle" by JoAnn Repchuk. I designed Joseph..

I had a mishap today when drilling holes in the base. I have a new Fiskars manual drill and decided to drill the holes myself instead of having my husband do so. I put a magazine under the board but drilled too long and put a hole in my dining room table.

In progress...

No comments:

Post a Comment