The Little House

The Little House

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

My Hoffman Challenge Doll





I finished my doll for the Hoffman Challenge today. I brought her stuffed body parts to St. George with me. We enjoyed Michael's family reunion over the weekend but as soon as it turned midnight Sunday I started working on the doll. Mom came down and visited with me while I sewed on Monday and Mike hiked down to the Indian writing with Dani, Travas and family Tuesday while I sewed. I finally finished her and took her to the UPS store this afternoon to send her to Colorado.It was too late to send her today (the deadline is earlier here) and they wanted $91 to overnight her so I just paid for regular shipping and hopefully they will still accept her if she gets there too late.
She is Lady Lana a woman from Venus. I made her in memory of my cousin Lana who died last year. The doll is blue and I made her hair from Sulky thread which didn't turn out the way I'd hoped so I added braids which I do like. I didn't realize that I didn't get good pictures of her until after I'd mailed her so this is what I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment