The Little House

The Little House

Monday, May 7, 2012

It's Doll Season (but cookies first)

It's "Doll Season" at my house. I need to make 5 dolls in the next few months for contests that I enter each year.
But first I'm going to post a cookie recipe. When we are in St. George we always try to buy some cookies at the Pizza Factory. Dani said she had found a copycat Pizza Factory cookie recipe online, so I did a search and found it too. I made the cookies this weekend and they were a big hit. I don't know if this is the exact PF cookie recipe but it's very close and very good.

-These are the leftover cookies -
 The big ones are made with a large  ice cream scoop.
 The  normal-sized ones are made with the smaller scoop.
Here is the recipe:

PIZZA FACTORY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES  (CopyCat)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
2 cups butter ( 1 pound)
4 eggs
1½ cups sugar
2 cups brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
½ tsp almond extract
Cream together the five ingredients listed above until well-mixed.

In a separate bowl mix together the following four dry ingredients:
5 to 5½ cups flour (1½  pounds)
1 large package vanilla pudding mix
2 tsp salt
2 tsp soda

Slowly add dry ingredients to the creamed mixture.
(My KitchenAid mixer struggled with the large amount of dough -
so I had to do some stirring by hand.)


When all is mixed together well - carefully add:
3 cups milk chocolate chips

Scoop dough onto cookie sheets and bake at 375 degrees for about 10 minutes - longer for larger cookies.
Do not overbake. 

Makes 75 cookies.

------------------------




No comments:

Post a Comment